Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bad Guys Beware

Nearly 20 years ago I bought the tiny little cottage I call "Home".  I live here alone with an occasional visitor, mostly grandchildren but also girlfriends and family members.   Les was the only none family member male ever allowed to spend the night with me. This is a "No Men Allowed" club house of sorts. 

Why?  Because I need my privacy and my time to create.  This humble little cottage is where I feel free to be me. 

So what is this leading up to?

I found evidence today while doing laundry where someone has been trying to invade my private domain.  Over the clothes dryer is a small basement window.  I noticed that is partly open.  I have never opened it in all the years I have been here.  (I actually figured it was painted shut.)  Also before I went to work last night I noticed the storm door in back was open slightly.  I remember thinking I always make sure it is secured tightly because I don't want a gust of wind to blow it off the hinges as has happened in the past.  When I arrived home later that evening the storm door was ajar once again.  This time I locked it to be sure it wouldn't fly open.

I don't believe anyone broke in.  Nothing is missing or out of place, but I am now sure a bad guy tried. 

I have never feared for my safety living here alone.  I still don't, however I don't believe in asking for trouble.  I am now going to walk around my home and check all the locks and try to eliminate any easy access from the outside.  If someone wants to break in bad enough they will.  Perhaps I can give them some unpleasant surprises as Macaulay did in Home Alone.  Since I am a "crafter" I have all sorts of things that could be used to booby trap my house.  And then of course there is the baseball bat Les gave me for protection when I refused to have a gun in my home.  I have gotten pretty comfortable in my routine.  Perhaps that also needs to be shook up.  I have some ideas.  It is just a matter of putting them in action.

Bad guys look out.  This little lady likes her privacy and will fight for it.  Trespassers beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment