Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lonely kitty

My daughter and her two little girls are in the process of moving.  Today while she was at work and the girls were with their father, I slipped over to the house she lives in presently to leave her some packing boxes.  I was greeted with much enthusiasm by the new family member, a tiny eight week old kitten, Taffy.

I gently lifted the softly purring creature to my face where she began gently nibbling on my ears and cheeks as if she was so lonely for any attention she would gladly smother me in her kitty kisses.  I had this uncontrollable urge to gather her up and hide her in my purse so that I could take her away with me and give her all the mothering attention she was missing.  I found myself softly cooing to her words of love. 

It occurred to me this small little animal was just like you and me.  We started our lives as babies caring for nothing more than to be fed and loved by our mother.  Only difference is that this baby was torn away from the love and security of its mother to live with children who have their own lives to live, often away from their home where the kitten must stay 24/7.

Yes, I know all the pro and cons of owning a pet.  I understand that this kitten will be will cared for all of its life.  It will never be left out in the cruel Illinois weather or search for food.  This kitten will be loved by its new family. 

Just the same, I can't help but feel sad for the little guy who no longer can curl up to her mother and feel the warmth of her body as she gently cleans her baby kit or can no longer romp and play with her brothers and sisters.

I know, I'm just saying .........

No comments:

Post a Comment