Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Love You

WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE!

I got out of the shower this morning and looked into the steamy mirror to be welcomed by the childish writings of my nine year old granddaughter, Abby.  With an erasable magic marker she had written "I love you Grandma."

Abby is a people pleaser as is her mother.  She delights her teachers with messages across the top of her homework saying "You're the best teacher ever!"  She spreads sunshine everywhere she goes.  When I was growing up the chunky children were ostracized and made fun of yet my granddaughter is chunky and the most popular girl in the school.  I say school rather than class because everyone knows her.  I've walked down the school hall with her and teachers and children of all ages yell out to her by name in greeting.

I was raised to be cautious of showing affection so as not to give someone the wrong impression.  I now believe that is wrong.  I resolve to change that.  (Of course anyone who knows me well knows I have been changing that attitude for quite a few years now.)

I believe God created us in His image.  If that is so, we are good and worthy of love. 

Yes, I know there are bad people out there.  I believe the bad people were created not by God but by others who raised them, who they were exposed to or unfortunate circumstances.  They began their lives as sweet precious babies just as we all did.

I cannot change the world.  I cannot make everyone happy.  But I myself can be happy and one of the easiest ways to do that is to love and welcome love into my love.  I am not talking about the love between a man and woman.  I am talking about the love of all mankind.

So today I am sending you hugs and kisses and lots of love.  Have a wonderful loving weekend.  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment