Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Friday, November 25, 2011

37 Days Until the End of 2011

I love Patti Digh, the author of 37 Days.  The book was written in response to Patti's sudden shock and awareness to how short and sweet life can be when her step father was diagnosed with cancer and died a short 37 days later.

Her Message: Live life to its fullest.  Don's wait for the perfect moment.  It may never come.

One of Patti's dedicated followers wrote a blog in an effort to make each of the last 37 days of this year special. 

Great Idea!

So how am I going to make the 37 days of 2011 memorable?

Today was day one of the 37.  I have spent much of the day calling old friends I rarely see anymore but who hold a special place in my heart.  Tonight I am going to a house party and will endeavor to make more memories there.

For the next 37 days I plan to take time to reflect on my wonderful life story, on the many friends and family I have been blessed with and make plans for my future.  I will look back at photos and mementos I have tucked safely in an old chest in my bedroom and write the stories that go with each memento so that when I am gone, my children will understand why I saved that little doll, beat up teddy bear, or old badly stained blanket.

There will be 37 days of music, friends, reflections, gratitude, intentions, reading, travel, eating, drinking and lots of wild uproarious laughter.

So, how will you spend the last 37 days of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment