Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Monday, November 28, 2011

Where did 2011 Go?

The end of 2011 is drawing to a close and what do I have to show for a year of my life?

A new love in my life.
Mud Run to raise money for MS
Reconnected with a long lost cousin
Started a blog and consistently wrote in it.
Did a little traveling
Organized the First Bank Ladies Reunion
Took my father to Texas
Lost a lot of money in the stock market
Spent lots of time lovin' on the grandkids

The year hasn't been lost but it just doesn't seem like it is enough. 

I don't believe in New Year Resolutions.  I think lists like that simply set a person up for failure yet I do believe a person needs to spend some time annually contemplating what they want out of their lives.

So what do I want out of my life?

I wish I knew. 

I truly do not. 

I have habitually jumped from one thing to another living life by the seat of my pants, landing where ever my arse is kicked.  I don't do anything well, but I keep trying.  I blame that on my ADHD but I really don't know why.

"Most of our life we're following the carrot to find out who we are or who we are not.  I've made a lot of mistakes, picked myself up and started again.  If I had quit every time I was bad at something I probably wouldn't have made it through high school."   Kelly Cutrone

No comments:

Post a Comment