Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's not about Perfection

I haven't been creating lately.  My art journal has simply been laying around collecting dust.  For nearly two years art journaling was my major outlet for both creating and as an emotional outlet but when I decided to write a book about art journaling my creativity was put on hold while I worked on my writing ability. 

Lately I have come to realize I am bored with my life.  Perhaps my art journal will bring back some of my old spontaneity that I always loved about myself?!? 

Out came my dusty old art journal and paints.  However creativity did not jump out on the pages as I expected.  I worked for several hours and nothing spoke to me.  Belong is the results.
I was attempting to use the ideas from Julie Nutting's book, Collage Couture.  I enjoy her art work but not mine.  I've been trying to figure out why mine looks so dull and uninteresting and then I hit upon an idea.  Creativity is not about perfection, it is about being wild and silly and downright outrageous.  I worked for a long time on this project constantly changing it because it wasn't just like Julie's art.  Silly me, that is because I am not Julie. 

Stop trying to be someone else.  One Julie is plenty and one Louise is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment