Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Scathenly Brilliant Ideas

Friday, December 30, 2011

No Doom & Gloom for 2012

As I was driving home this afternoon from my store of choice, Barnes & Nobel, listening to the radio, the DJ said he felt very good about the new year 2012.  I had to laugh, not because I do not believe 2012 will be a good year but because of all the hype about the world as we know it ending in 2012.  There has even been a movie made about it starring John Cusack called We Were Warned.

What if we looked at this prediction not in terms of doom and gloom but as a glorious new beginning of the world in which we live?  Instead of plague and natural disasters what if there was a cure for cancer and AIDS found?  Instead of malice and hatred we learned to forgive and love all people.

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to the year 2012.  As I have said in the past, I do not make new year resolutions.  I feel they set me up for failure.  Perhaps this is the year to embrace my fear of failure and risk all my friends knowing how very imperfect I am.

2012 will be a year of new beginnings.  For the first time in decades I will make a list of resolutions and just to make sure I stick to them, I will publish the list here on my blog.  You my dear friends will have the grave responsibility of holding me accountable to the list I produce.

I am counting on you to keep my nose to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment